Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wedding Bells

Gabrielle, you were the first bride from our family--and the first wedding in our season of wedding anniversaries, as well. I remember that it snowed on your wedding day. Appropriately enough, snow is predicted for West Virginia around this same time as well. Crazy weather. Back to the bride--you forged the way for the rest of us, navigated the emotional terrain of bringing in a new family member, gave us the opportunity to establish some of the wedding traditions that are now so expected, after six weddings. You were so beautiful in the only dress that any of the girls would be able to wear back to the temple after the wedding day. I remember being in the bathroom, seeing you curl your hair on your wedding morning while Daddy stressed Mama out by driving over to the temple and getting a little lost on his way back. Little did I know that it would be ten years--ten years!--and four months before I would be following in your footsteps, and you would be taking pictures of me on my wedding day while Rachel did my hair. Thank you for being the first, my beautiful sister. (this picture doesn't do you ANY justice, but there wasn't a wide selection from the slide folders...)

1 comment: