Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Naomi, the Amish Prom Queen

Back to our series of dance pictures. This was Backwards Dance, I believe. I was a junior, and I wasn't planning on going, but after ignoring the overt hints of friends that I ate lunch with, a very nice boy with shaggy black hair whose first name was Dave, I believe, just up and invited me in the middle of Honors Physics. He gave me roses and a mix tape. Really, it was one of the nicest ways I've been asked out until another Dave came along, much later. Too bad I avoided his phone calls (the first Dave, not the later one) and was probably a pretty horrible date. Doesn't little Jessica Hannon Mandell look cute? She was probably much better company to her date that night...

2 comments:

  1. i think an honors physics classmate is a wonderful person to ask you out on a date. i think a Ph.D. scientist is a wonderful person to marry. both of the lovely young ladies in this picture married Ph.D scientists in the biological sciences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I for one think you look just beautiful here! Not anything like an Amish Prom Queen :) Your dress was very fashionable for that time - you bought it without your mother's approval when you went shopping with friends (I believe Suzanne had some influence in this purchase) and I was a bit upset, but we made it acceptable with the addition of the blouse. I think we still have this dress in our prom dress closet!! Fashion show at the reunion, anyone?

    ReplyDelete