Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pictures for May

May is a special month for me. May 2nd has been a sacred day for 23 years now. May 8th is Dave's birthday. May 12th is the day that Dave proposed to me. May is Mother's Day month. And then, of course, May is beautiful! We're going to go back to pictures of Rachel and Jacob for this month. Here's one that should look very familiar--ten points to the first person who names the room! Mama, how did you keep your little kids well behaved for so many piano recitals?

4 comments:

  1. pasadena library recital hall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can see by these wonderful pictures why i want to start a family of 11 children all over again! i loved our recitals at the Pasadena library.

    Love Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved that picture in the back--it's part of the Flintridge arroyo, right? I think that our cross-country league finals were held on a course under those bridges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I keep the little ones quiet? Honestly I don't know?? I know I didn't have treats and I didn't bring books or toys - sometimes I had a piece of paper for them to draw on (especially Christian). It must have been the promise of the cookies and sherbet punch afterwards if they were good :) That, and the fact that they had so many of their own siblings to listen to throughout the recital. I was a nervous wreck during these recitals and so relieved when they were successfully over!!

    ReplyDelete