Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Mother's Day from baby Isaac...



...from baby Christian...


...from baby Eva...


...and from baby Abraham.

And now some trivial pursuit (or not so trivial, since it's profoundly impacted each of us!)

  • How many total years of her life was Mama pregnant?
  • How many total years of her life was Mama nursing?
  • How many uninterrupted nights of sleep did Mama get between 1974-1996?
  • How much money did Dr. Leake make off of Mama?
  • How many diapers did Mama change?
  • How many accidents did she have to clean up during potty-training?
  • How many lunches did she make while her kids were/are in school?
  • How many hours (or days? weeks?) of piano recitals did Mama sit through?
  • How many school projects did Mama stay up until 1 am finishing?
  • How many hours did Mama spend combing, brushing, and doing her girls' hair?
  • How much money has Mama saved her family by cutting her boys' hair?
  • How, how, how, how did she do it? And how is she still doing it, just as capably and tenderly as she always has?

4 comments:

  1. Here are my best guesses at the answers, or my own questions in response to Naomi's questions:
    1. 7 1/3? Mama, how many months did you carry Isaac?
    2. Do you mean the total amount of time actually spent dispensing milk to her babies? That sounds difficult to estimate...
    3. 7
    4. Who is Dr. Leake? Was he our family delivery doctor?
    5. 40,000. Wow.
    6. 3,000. Yuck.
    7. 19,440. No wonder she got so fast at making sandwiches.
    8. 8.25 days.
    9. 27.
    10. At least one or two.
    11. $7,200. We should get fly her around first class to all her children to make up for that.
    12. This remains one of the fundamental questions of the universe.

    My responses probably reveal a terrible amount of ignorance of baby-raising procedures on my part...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I noticed that I'm the only one Naomi did not show wishing Mama a happy mother's day as an infant. Sorry, Mama, you'll just have to accept a hearty "Happy Mother's Day" from the grown and married Benjamin instead of the baby Benjamin!

      Delete
  2. Argh!!! Ben, I had the cutest picture picked out for you, and Blogger reloaded at inopportune times and I had to re-upload the pictures a couple of times. I must have lost you in the shuffle! Unacceptable! To be redeemed immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I would do it all over again, joyfully (and maybe better...), if I could! I am the most blessed mother in the world. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete