Monday, September 23, 2013

Portrait of a Move

Three things for this last Monday in Morgantown:

1. I've thrown in the towel for cloth diapers this week (if you'll excuse the questionable metaphor). I didn't even make a conscious decision--I just couldn't bring myself to wrestle cloth diapers onto my wiggly Joshey, clean gross poop off now that we've returned the diaper sprayer that we were borrowing, and do an extra three loads of laundry this week. So we're going all disposible until after we're settled in Baltimore. Sorry, earth!

2. I was doing Polly's hair (which happens once a week for reasons that will shortly become obvious), and she was narrating to me exactly how much it was hurting her as I combed and brushed and rubber-banded. "You made me lean!" she yelled, as I combed her hair on one side. "You made my eyes cry!" she shouted later. And then the best description of all: "You made hot lava come!" That's a pretty good description of Polly getting upset, actually.

3. Both of our pictures of Christ are off our wall. I know we don't worship graven images, but it does make our house seem quite... cold!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, those comments of Polly's are priceless. :-)
    There are definite advantages of having boys. Now getting a toddler boy to sit still (well, any age, really) while getting a hair cut is no walk in the park, but that only has to happen every 3 months or so. Extra bonus points to moms of little girls, especially little stubborn girls!

    ReplyDelete