Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy Birthday, Christian!

Dear amazing brother,

You were on your mission during my miraculous run of blog diligence. A little less than two years, I gave our family the Christmas present of posting a picture a day from our Frandsen Family picture archives. I wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a rewarding challenge to choose pictures that would evoke memories and stir the deep feelings of love and solidarity that I have always felt within our family. And it was fun to see the comments that came out as Mama and Daddy relived some of those early days in their courtship and in our family. Well, because you were gone for that, I thought that I would do a variation on a theme for your birthday (which, lest you think I'm losing my marbles, isn't until November :). From now until your birthday, I'm going to post a picture a day, but I'm going to try to have them all include you. As you know, our slide archives don't include that many pictures of your high school days, but I'll see what I can do to capture a representative portrait of the wonderful Christian Jacob Frandsen. Starting... NOW!


4 comments:

  1. Ha! I love that expression on Christian's face. And what is Brigham doing?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a captivating picture of everyone else, I won't complain about how BAD it is of me :( LOVE the expression on Christian's face! I think it's the sudden realization that this tiny baby Eva had just supplanted him as Adored One of the family :) And what IS Brigham doing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. THere must be a chocolate chip on your collar, Mama :).

    ReplyDelete