Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Gabrielle!

It's actually not Gabrielle's birthday at all--not for another couple of months. But I'm giving her an early birthday present--I'm going to try to blog every day until her birthday. This first post will be done in a Joshua minute (which means that Joshua is fussing on my lap, so I only have a minute), but I thought I'd follow Gabrielle's lead and write three things about our day:

--I saw a baby bunny! It was just as we were leaving for an afternoon errand, and Polly was already carseated in. So sadly I was the only one that saw this adorable, tiny baby bunny nibbling on some clover and then shoot back under the honeysuckle where I presume she is nesting. So cute. I hope I always live in a place where these kinds of things can be normal.

--After dinner, I took the kids down to walk around the creek area that's down the street and through a couple of backyards. My rule has always been that the girls have to stay at the top of the embankment, on the grass, and this rule has worked for the past two years. But last week while we were with some other kids, I let Polly venture about two feet down the slope toward the creek to pick some wildflowers. Guess how long it took her to go the rest of the way down the hill and waist-deep into the creek? Two years of consistent nagging, down the drain.

--I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago. Love how much quicker getting ready goes.

That's it, folks! Joshua minute over.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful early birthday present! I will try to do the same!
    I love your haircut, and CiCi's hair is so darn cute, I wish I were there to boing those little curls. :-)

    ReplyDelete