Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dinner Party Saturday

Some good friends in our ward are moving next week, so I prevailed upon them to let us throw them a goodbye party. The date that worked best ended up falling on this, the last day of Dave's absence due to wedding. And you know what? It worked out perfectly. I had some adult company and conversation to look forward to, I had a reason to keep the house in decent condition, AND I got all of the credit for carrying off a party with three kids and no husband to help :). And because it was a potluck with lots of people around to help carry stuff out and then help carry stuff back in, nothing felt overwhelming or chaotic. I will admit that when I was finishing mowing the lawn this morning with Joshey asleep in the sling and Cici hanging on my leg crying, I felt like a husband might come in handy, but it was nothing that a bottle of milk and Sid the Science Kid couldn't fix. And having everyone around, kids jumping on the trampoline, adults talking and laughing, just made me feel like this is what summer and back yards and friends and the good life is all about. Okay, Joshey is done! Time for bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment