Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Notes on Tuesday


It's 2:32 pm on Tuesday afternoon. Cici is still napping, Joshey's going to give me about 4 minutes (I hope) before he needs a nap, and Polly is engaged in some elaborate imaginative world which includes river dolphins in the bathroom sink and a flying cat in the kitchen. It's been a good day so far, mostly. Not that I really deserve a good day after behaving badly this morning. Dave got up early with the girls, which means that I didn't get up early enough to go running, and then to reward Dave for letting me sleep in, the first thing I did was point out to him a glaring error in a cover letter he sent off for a job application a couple of months ago. Come on, Naomi, did you really need to do that? I told myself that he needed to see it so he wouldn't make the same mistake again, and perhaps that's true, but I probably could have been a little less eager to point it out. Anyway, I fussed at myself for 15 minutes, then went contritely to Dave to tell him what jerk I was, only to have him be completely surprised that I thought his feelings had been hurt--he had taken the correction and moved on without a second thought. Which is why Dave has been, and always will be, a better person than me.

Anyway, it was grocery shopping day for us, and thanks to some amazing prices at Aldi, I spent our $70 of grocery money on two containers of blueberries, two containers of strawberries, 6 bunches of bananas, a watermelon, and 6 loaves of whole wheat bread, in addition to our usual line-up of cans and boxes. I love summer! And I sure hope my family loves french toast and smoothies, because I anticipate a few such meals in the coming weeks as we unload our now-full freezer.

Well, Joshey has given me more than 4 minutes, so this daily exercise in recording the mundane will end. Hope your Tuesdays are going well!

1 comment:

  1. CiCi is the most beautiful, angelic child when she is sleeping!
    I love summer produce, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete