Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happy Birthday, Joshey-Mosh!!!

So Joshua is officially one year old. The calendar cooperated nicely with us this year, giving Dave the day off for Martin Luther King Day. We celebrated by going to Chick-fil-A for lunch (always a grand treat), where I was that pushy mother who told the circulating serving staff that it was my son't birthday, so they brought him some free ice cream and sang Happy Birthday to the packed lunchtime crowd. I love making an exhibition of myself and the people I love :). In the afternoon, Polly went with Dave to pick out a Dollar Store present (a little clapping toy--perfect for Joshey, who loves to shake things and make noise), and I made a cake. Nothing fancy, just an old Halloween confetti cake mix that I'd stocked up on when the price went down to 25 cents per box at the beginning of November. Hope my kids like it, because we have about 15 of those boxes down in our food storage! Polly helped me decorate it with vanilla pudding, two tiaras, a bracelet, and Twilight Sparkle. Oh, what a boyhood Joshey has in store, with these two older sisters. Then we tried to wrangle the kids for some birthday games (roll the ball, tag with party blowers), and when it became apparent that the balance was tipping toward chaos, we shipped everyone off to bed. And thus begins our birthday year! Polly and Cici will be turning 5 and 3 in just a month, and we'll be spending a couple of days in Morgantown to celebrate (and for Dave to give a talk at WVU). I'm excited for that. But mostly I'm excited to have my little grinning, shrieking, walking, wrestling, exploring, climbing, 5-toothed 1-year-old!


Polly loves having me snap pictures of her but apparently hates actually looking up for them. No mind, she has a lovely profile, doesn't she?


The exact time that Joshey was born! (more or less--might have been 6:18 pm)


Pancakes and fresh pineapple for dinner.


Polly, again, not wanting her face captured on camera.This picture is so typical of so many things about our family :).


And the handsome little birthday boy himself.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! How I love that sweet boy. Where did this past year go?! What a fun birthday for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Joshua! I love your low-key bday parties! :-) Awesome! When are you going to be in Morgantown?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Gabrielle, this past year was non-existent for us, too. But Joshey sure managed to get a lot done during it!

    Sandy, we'll be in Morgantown on Friday, Feb. 21 and Saturday, Feb. 22. We'd love to see people while we're there! Dave is giving a talk at WVU at 4 pm, and I may impose upon someone to host a play-date for me so we can get together with friends :). We will also be doing Cici's Pizza and the library on Saturday, and if the weather is good, Krepps Park and the WVU farm. I'll let you know our schedule just in case you can join us for any of those outings! I'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete